Perform qualifications determinations by conducting applicant rating and ranking against established qualification and eligibility requirements and standards, including:
* Ensure the appropriate applicant information is passed/communicated to the training contractor to be used for testing scheduling.
* Rate and rank applicants based on specified assessment criteria (e.g., Knowledge Skills Assessment (KSA)/competency assessment), and group candidates appropriately on referral list(s)
* Determine applicant qualifications and eligibility, and make applicant and interview data available to the agency managers and supervisors who will be making the hiring decisions.
* Based on insight gained during the evaluation and qualifications determinations for each position evaluated, advise client if the position’s Application Questionnaire and/or other Assessments require updating to improve the referred applicant pool.
* Work with client to develop/update crediting and rating plans as needed.
* Prepare a Certificate of Eligibles in accordance with all Federal Human Resources law, regulations, guidelines, and clientspecified criteria and established timeframes.
* Candidates shall be properly certified on the selection certificate in accordance with client Management Directives and OPM Guidelines, to include veterans’ preference rules.
* Issue Certificate of Eligibles to Hiring Manager/Selecting Official electronically.
* While selecting officials are reviewing candidates, provide advice regarding guidelines and restrictions and any additional information that may be necessary for selection completion.
* Serve as the first point of contact to address issues and verify information regarding the Certificate of Eligibles.
* Provide recommendations to the selecting officials and selection panels, as requested, consistent with established policies and procedures as well as any other applicable laws.
* Coordinate with selecting officials and selection panels in cases where the same candidates have applied for more than one position, if applicable.
* Advise Selecting Official of interview question library, if applicable.
* Assist Hiring Managers/Selecting Officials by preparing application packages for interviews, such as making an appropriate number of copies, redacting candidate-identifying information, etc.
* Advise Selecting Officials that the selecting official’s and selection panel documentation, such as the procedures, notes, and panel results as required by client and OPM, must be maintained by each selecting official’s office in order to provide full reconstruction for audit purposes.
Bachelors degree and 3-5 years of experience in:
• Federal Position Management, Classificaiton, or Staffing
• Federal hiring/staffing laws, regulations, statutues, OPM processes, rules, regulations, timelines
• Building strong and successful working relationships with hiring managers
• Experience staffing for Federal Management, Administrative, and Professional Possitions
• Experience managing staffing processes, in a high-stress, national environment
• Experience recommending and implementing improvements and best practices continuously
•Monitoring service quality and deliver against requirements within given SLAs
• Undergraduate degree required
• Active DEU Certification required
• Experience hiring for the Federal government, or security/law enforcement, or retail industries preferably
•Time, workload management and organization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet deadlines
• Experience with strong written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates with all levels of customers from assistants to Sr. Executives; excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to adapt to changing environment
• Ability to analyze/interpret data and take appropriate action
• Maturity in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
• Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
• A results-oriented approach
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to work under pressure
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must be able to obtain a CBP Suitability