E3 Federal Solutions, LLC seeks Budget Analysts to join our team in support of our homeland security federal government client – the Department of Homeland Security – Federal Protective Services.
These positions are located on 1901 North State Highway 360, Suite 500, in Grand Prairie, Texas.
These positions are responsible for budget formulation and execution for Direct Operations consisting of Law Enforcement and Administrative Functions within the Federal Protective Services. This encompasses aspects of budget, financial, and program management to plan, obtain, expend, and track funds applied to the Organization’s programs.
These positions perform the following regular work responsibilities:
- Maintain the FPS Security Billing (a.k.a. Rent) system (FPSDS).
- Ensure adequate funding and documentation is available for the acquisition of goods and services necessary to perform the tasks and functions of the Federal Protective Services programs, from Direct Funds or Security Work Authorizations.
- Review regional documentation to ensure Account Classification Coding Strings (ACCS) are implemented consistently.
- Review regional requisitions to ensure the document numbers are implemented as defined in the Spend Plan Tool.
- Maintain a log of discretionary expenses, including purchases for uniform equipment, vehicle outfitting, K-9 care, radio system repair, X-ray repair, security systems repair, recurring administrative costs for printing, office machines, training, purchase card procurements, etc.
- Process Requests for Security Systems Repair and Maintenance of FPS equipment installed throughout the region. Systems may be direct funded or funded by Security Work Authorization.
- Process requests for Technical Countermeasure (TCM) Projects for replacement of X-rays/Magnetometers, Closed Circuit Video Security Systems, and Intrusion Detection Systems, and submit TCM Revenue Templates to the CCV.1 Committee for approval.
- Monitor and consolidate reports for Protective Service Officer Contract obligations and payments.
- Implement and monitor the Funds Allocations process to ensure funds are available in a timely manner.
- Maintain Distributive Cost Center tables for equitable distribution of costs for requirements covering multiple buildings or multiple agencies within a facility.
- Maintain Regional Rent Program to ensure Revenues and Expenses remain within variances established by Financial Standard Operation Procedures.
- Analyze the “PR Revenue vs. Allotment vs COE” reports to identify and explain out of range variances.
- Analyze the “FR Revenue vs. Allotment vs COE” reports to identify and explain out of range variances
- Prepare Regional Spending Plan Reports per Financial Standard Operations Procedures.
- Formulate and enter date in the “Spend Plan Tool” for each Fiscal Year Regional Spend Plan Budgeting / Forecasting / Planning – Drives budgeting / forecasting and long-term planning processes, identifying risks and opportunities & ensuring alignment with strategy. Assist with budget formulation, execution, tracking and reporting.
- Financial Reporting – Management reporting for Executive Management and internal stakeholders
- Performance Measurement - Including but not limited to; key performance indicators, budget vs. actual flux, financial statement analysis, trends / drivers, benchmarking
- Investment Decision Support – Assist with/validate Spend Plan analyses
- Financial Systems – Automate / Innovate key processes & implement solutions that conform to best practices
- Ad Hoc Analyses – Prepare complex analysis for a wide variety of operations programs to meet customer financial management needs, prepare regular and special-purpose reports, maintain historical records, and analyze trends.
- Accounting / Sales Operations – Serve as quality control during financial review, perform accounting research, and identify process improvements. Perform general accounting responsibilities, including month-end and year-end close processes, account reconciliation/analysis, as well as monthly and quarterly journal entries. Lead the development of monthly, quarterly, and yearly management briefing packages/reports. Extract, organize, and process data for business management support and analysis from multiple systems/tools including FFMS, and the Procurement Request Information System (PRISM)
- Complete special projects related to finance, program management and accounting.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), budget justifications and interpret DHS, NPPD/FPS, and other government financial policy
- Develop and maintain relationships with supported Program Managers, Contracting Officers (CO), and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs) and other FPS stakeholders
- Identify and implement process improvements to financial and business operations