E3 Federal Solutions, LLC seeks Senior Budget Analysts to join our team in support of our new work with our homeland security federal government client, the Department of Homeland Security – Federal Protective Services – Financial Management Division.
We will provide specialized expertise to directly assist the Financial Management Division (FMD) with Activity Based Cost (ABC) estimation, financial, revenue and performance management, accounting, auditing, budgeting, and other analytical activities.
The Senior Budget Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Provides critical support to and expertise knowledge of assessing the budget process, providing budgetary training on accounting concepts and reconciliation techniques for field components, assisting FPS in the development of budget materials and exhibits, conducting special reviews, reviewing budgetary controls, recommending corrective actions, and improving operating efficiency and effectiveness
- Assists FPS in communicating with DHS, NPPD, OMB, and the Government Accountability Office (GAO) through the development of documents, briefings, issue papers, and other supporting material and the coordination of meetings and discussion of technical support areas.
- Works closely with audit liaisons and auditors to reduce and or minimize the number of audit deficiencies and responses (management responses to audits and corrective actions) due at the end of each quarter.
- Assists in managing the coordination, resolution, and closure of open recommendations on or before the target dates FPS establishes with the appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepares draft responses to questions or reporting requirements as it relates to FPS stakeholders.
- Assists in the development and implementation of procedures to analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of the agency.
- Provides support services to fully analyze the technical, functional, and financial impact of acquiring and implementing business solutions for the Agency.
- Assists with program administration of the Travel Card and Purchase Card programs, as well as the overall Travel program to include providing first level help desk support to users, running reports, preparing variance analysis, tracking resources, etc.
- Assists with financial administration of Web TA and payroll.
- Provides budget execution support in IPAC/invoice process.
- Provides financial and budget support for FPS’s various routine projects, such as drafting responses to taskers, development of PowerPoint Presentations, analysis of execution reports, inputting data into required systems, completing process mapping and documentation, drafting Standard Operating Procedures, preparing requisitions, coordinating Security Work Authorizations program administration, providing invoice processing support, and other budget related tasks.
- Provides financial and budget support for FPS’s various ad-hoc projects, such as budget tracking, workforce planning, labor analysis, modular cost table development and use, statistical analysis, quality assurance, communications, acquisition management, and performance management and other related budget activities
- Provides obligation management support to the organization as surge support.
- Provides support services for planning, coordination, reporting, monitoring and follow-up activities when in the process of recommending business strategies and ways to improve business practices.